Foster and Kinship Care Practitioner
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community exists to support and empower those who are poor, vulnerable, marginalised or in a position of disadvantage. We aim to be recognised as a leading provider and facilitator of quality, responsive community services.
The Foster and Kinship Care team currently has a vacancy for a Fixed Term Full Time Foster and Kinship Care Practitioner located at our Goodna office. This position is responsible for the provision of high quality support to foster and kinship carers to assist carers to meet the identified needs of the children and young people placed in care.
Key Role Requirements:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Human Services or related discipline
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with children and families, particularly in assisting with the assessment, planning processes and support around the management of children with difficult behaviours
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and professional working relationships within the community and with both government and non-government organisations
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the developmental needs of children and young people, the impacts of trauma, and the resulting emotional and behavioural issues and the ability to build positive relationships with children and young people in care
- Proven time management skills, with the ability to balance and prioritise various stakeholder priorities, client engagement and administrative requirements
- Demonstrated ability to analyse, evaluate and make objective judgements, and the ability to articulate recommendations for carer assessments within a structured assessment framework
- Experience in the support and mentoring of children and young people in out of home care
- Intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver Licence
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant MC procedure
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- Sound understanding and knowledge of the Queensland child protection system
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
This position offers a competitive remuneration package of $36.37- $38.02 gross per hour in line with level 5 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
Please head to this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS817 and follow the prompts.
Applications must include an updated resume and a response to the Key Role Requirements within your cover letter (maximum of 2 pages).
Please apply immediately as we are seeking to fill these positions as soon as possible.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.