Are you looking for job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community exists to support and empower those who are poor, vulnerable, marginalised or in a position of disadvantage. We aim to be recognised as a leading provider and facilitator of quality, responsive community services.
Our Families and Young People Services team has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Case Practitioner to join the team on a Fixed Term Full Time basis.
This position will be based out of our Ipswich office and will also be required to support programs at Mercy sites across the Brisbane region, so therefore some travel will be required.
As a Case Practitioner you will be responsible for quality service delivery to children, young people, families and/or carers and the community within the service. This position will provide coordination for every phase of work with families, carers and/or children and young people, from the point of referral to exit; with a view to supporting families, carers and/or children and young people to become stronger, capable and more resilient and improving overall wellbeing.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Social Science, Psychology or related discipline
- Provide a clear, expressed understanding of the complex challenges facing families in contemporary society
- Possess a well-developed professional framework (values, beliefs, knowledge, skills, systems etc.) for working with vulnerable families, carers, children and young people to facilitate resilience and social connectedness; including the ability to personally engage in reflective practice within a structured supervision model
- Demonstrated ability to plan, use communication effectively across a variety of contexts to bring about change and to share information meaningfully; including strategies for negotiating strong differences of opinion within the team, family and stakeholder relations
- Ability to self-motivate, exercise creativity and initiative, and take ownership of the role
- Sound knowledge of the Queensland child protection system and experience working therapeutically with families, children and young people
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver Licence
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant MC procedure
It is beneficial to have:
- Broad knowledge of a range of safe parenting practices, child health and child development
- Experience in Risk and Need Assessment processes and strengths based casework with complex families
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice
This Fixed Term Full Time position offers a competitive remuneration package of $36.37 - $38.02 gross per hour in line with level 5 of the EBA (dependant on experience). You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
To apply please head to this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS812 and follow the prompts.
Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter that includes a response to the outlined key requirements mentioned above.
Please apply immediately as we are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.