Public Relations & Digital Media Coordinator
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focussed on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
Mercy Community are currently looking for an experienced Public Relations & Digital Media Coordinator to join the Marketing & Communications team. This role will provide external facing public relations services and will manage and maintain all digital media.
Reporting to the Marketing & Communications Team Leader your key responsibilities will include:
- Proactively identifying promotional opportunities;
- Targeted promotional campaigns;
- Assisting with the promotion of all Mercy Community events;
- Monitoring and maintaining website content;
- Developing social media campaigns, contents and schedules;
- Reporting and analysis of social media engagement to key stakeholders;
- Monitoring media activity;
- Preparing responses to media enquiries or media promotional opportunities.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience in public relations and digital media management;
- Experienced in developing and implementing promotional campaigns, writing media releases and statements, and in dealing with media outlets and journalists;
- Digital marketing experience, including websites and social media channels;
- Excellent communication, writing and relationship building skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet deadlines;
- Strong analysis, problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to explore new and innovative ways of doing business using creative solutions;
- Current Queensland Provisional Green or above Drivers Licence.
- Ability to obtain legislatively required personal history screening as required;
- Previous experience in a community service environment or not-for-profit (desirable).
We’ll Offer You….
- Attractive salary package
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits
- Continued professional development opportunities
- The chance to make a genuine difference in people’s lives.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and encourage you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS747 . Please ensure your application includes a resume and cover letter.
Applications close at 4pm on Wednesday 19th September 2018.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.