Community Care Worker
Are you passionate about making a genuine difference in the lives of the aging? When you join Mercy Community, you are joining a team that is united by our desire to make a difference. We learn and experience something new every day, and we are supported by the professionalism and spirit of our colleagues and our organization.
We currently have two casual positions available across a variety of shift times including weekends and early evenings.
As a Community Care Worker, you will be responsible for providing support and home care services to clients living at home in accordance with their care plan, within the philosophy of Mercy Community
Your day will involve:
- Adhere to the set schedule; discuss or negotiate changes to the schedule with the Support Coordinator.
- Assist clients with care requirements and services, in accordance to their assessed needs and preferences and as documented on the client’s individual care plan or on the instruction of the Care Coordinator.
- Transport clients as requested as per the client’s individual care plan.
- Actively monitor clients’ condition and report any changes in condition or behaviour to the Support and /or Care Coordinator.
- Contribute to case conference, care plan development and evaluation, as required.
- Develop required reports and workplace documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Experience of working alongside clients with cognitive and/or physical limitations.
- Experience in working in a self-directed environment.
- Experience in community with Aged Care
- Able to interpret schedules and written instructions, and/or know how to find the information required.
- Demonstrated basic to intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word.
- Have your own Car, License, Insurance and Registration.
- Availability for split shifts and/ or early morning and early evening
- Available for weekend work
- Have own mobile phone.
- Own vehicle and a Queensland Provisional Green or above clear Driver License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the legislatively required personal history check in line with service stream compliance requirements.
We’ll Offer You….
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Attractive hourly rate.
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits to increase your take-home pay.
- Supportive team culture.
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focused on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS1083 Please ensure your application includes a resume and cover letter.
Please Apply Immediately - interviews will commence on receipt of applications