Service Development Manager
Sunshine Coast/Moreton Bay Region
Are you passionate about making a genuine difference in the lives of people living with a disability and supporting people with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)?
When you join Mercy Community (MC), you are joining a team that is united by our desire to make a difference. We learn and experience something new every day, and we are supported by the professionalism and spirit of our colleagues and our organisation.
This is a varied role, well-suited to a positive, autonomous and motivated professional with strong experience in the disabilities sector.
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focused on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
Mercy Community are currently looking for an experienced Service Development Manager to join our NDIS Intermediary Services team expanding into the Sunshine Coast region on a full-time basis. The Service Development Manager will be responsible for driving and leading the growth of MC into new markets within new geographies; specifically, in line with the continued rollout of the NDIS. This growth will be delivered through a focus on community engagement and lead generation activities, which attract consumers of NDIS supports to MC, and which allow for services to be co-designed with participants and their Guardians/family.
Reporting to the Regional Director, your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop a pipeline of referral sources within geographies which directly support the attraction of consumers of MC NDIS.
- Actively and aggressively undertake lead generation and business development functions using wider strategic partnerships.
- Work with these referrers, partners and consumers to develop, measure and implement disability services within a paradigm which values financial and commercial acumen balanced with the delivery of meaningful and long-lasting social impact to the people supported by MC.
- Through this model, originate and develop community engagement activities which are underpinned by co-design and co-creation methodologies.
- As part of the Intermediary team, collaborate and partner with MC NDIS Services, Aged Care Services and Family Services portfolios to develop and explore opportunities for service operationalization in new regions.
- Lead, mentor, support and supervise staff and role model Mercy Community values and frameworks; as set out by the MC Integrated Leadership System.
- At times and particularly during growth periods provide direct Support Coordination to complex participates to help them achieve their goals and strengthen their networks.
- Provides the Participant and their Guardian/ family as well as the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) with regular reports on outcomes and success indicators, as they relate to a Participant’s stated goals and aspirations.
- Work with a range of networks to assist with developing knowledge of the NDIS/NDIA within the regions.
- Tertiary degree in an allied health field; Social Work, Psychology, Human Services or related discipline.
- Highly demonstrable knowledgeable of the NDIS.
- Strong networks with human services organisations (upstream and downstream) within the identified region.
- Demonstrate strong leadership capabilities
- Experience in providing complex support and case management to people and families using a strength based approach (Beneficial).
- Strong written and oral communication skills, presentation strengths, problem-solving, ability to work both autonomously and as part of the team.
- Proven ability to coordinate projects and delegate activities to meet outcomes within required timeframes.
- Experience in increasing income generation and successfully developing and diversifying services within the NFP or broader human services sector (Beneficial).
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and implementing clinical and therapeutic interventions such as therapeutic home programs and behavioral intervention strategies (Beneficial).
We’ll Offer You….
- Attractive salary package
- Full-time permanent position
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits
- Continued professional development opportunities
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS987 please ensure your application includes a resume and cover letter. Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.
Please Apply Immediately - Interviews will commence of receipt of applications.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and encourage you visit our website to find out more about Mercy Community.