Support Coordinator (Townsville)
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focused on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
Mercy Community are currently looking for a passionate Support Coordinator to join our NDIS Intermediary Services team based in Townsville. The Support Coordinator is responsible for working directly with NDIS Participants, their families and carers, formal and informal networks, other service providers and referring agencies to support the Participant to connect with and maintain a variety of relationships which will enable them to implement their NDIS Plan and achieve their goals and aspirations.
Reporting to the Service Development Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Undertake actions necessary to coordinate support and increase capacity for participants under the National Disability Insurance Scheme. This is to be done in accordance with the MC Support Coordination service delivery model which:
- Supports a person (Participant) to understand and access supports within the NDIS.
- Liaising with providers for service agreements, updates on services and progress of participants requests.
- Supports a Participant to implement the array of supports within their NDIS Plan by clarifying content and getting support Agreements signed.
- Updating budget tools.
- Researching services for Participants by finding the service providers, searching availability of services as well as relevant therapists or programs.
- Strengthens and supports a Participant’s formal and informal support network of providers, and ensure that services offered by these providers are person-centered and are tailored to meet individual requirements of the Participant
- Contribute to the Participant and their Guardian/ family as well as the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) with regular reports on outcomes and success indicators, as they relate to a Participant’s stated goals and aspirations.
- Supports a Participant in readiness for NDIS plan reviews, to ensure that their Plan most accurately articulates their goals and aspirations as they develop and grow.
- Highly demonstrable knowledge of the NDIS.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience within the disability sector, health or associated human welfare sectors.
- Highly developed adaptable and person-centered communication skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel software.
- Have and maintain an open Queensland Driver’s License.
- Ability to gain and maintain all relevant and legislative personal history probity checks (incl. Blue and Yellow Card Positive Notice).
We’ll Offer You….
- Attractive salary package
- Permanent in a supportive team environment
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS985. Please ensure your application includes a resume and cover letter. Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.
Please Apply Immediately - Interviews will commence of receipt of applications.
- We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and encourage you visit our website to find out more about Mercy Community.