Are you passionate about making a genuine difference in the lives of people living with a disability? When you join Mercy Community, you are joining a team that is united by our desire to make a difference. We learn and experience something new every day, and we are supported by the professionalism and spirit of our colleagues and our Organisation.
We currently have part-time and casual positions available.
Working under the direction of Team Leader you will be responsible for supporting people in their day-to-day living, ensuring that they have maximum opportunity to develop valued lifestyles, providing opportunities for choice, control, self-advocacy and becoming a valued member of the community. Your day will involve:
- Building and maintaining trusting and meaningful working relationships with people we support, their circle of support and the community.
- Assisting in developing, implementing and evaluating plans that enable people we support to set and achieve personal goals
- As directed, transport clients in accordance with personal plan.
- Providing direct support to people to achieve their goals.
- Facilitating community inclusion and participation and supporting people to establish and maintain relationships and interests through access to community activities, venues and services.
- Encouraging positive and socially appropriate behaviour, and effectively manage challenging behaviours.
- Providing personal care where required and personalised support in accordance with the personal plan.
- Previous experience in and knowledge of the disability, allied health, welfare or education fields.
- A passion for working with people with disabilities.
- Ability to work flexible hours, with a willingness to work within a 24/7 rotating roster, including overnight/sleep-over shifts and weekend shifts.
- Understanding and commitment to a person-centred model of practice.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License
- Own vehicle with current Registration, Road worthy certificate and Insurance.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card).
We’ll Offer You….
- Flexible work arrangements with the option of casual or part time employment.
- Attractive hourly rate paid.
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits to increase your take-home pay.
- Supportive team culture.
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focused on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community.Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS973 Please ensure your application includes a resume and cover letter.
Please Apply Immediately - interviews will commence on receipt of applications