Team Leader/Program Coordinator - Disability Services
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that support people with disabilities to live independently, integrated within their community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package, and receive training and ongoing development?
Mercy Community is a Not-For-Profit organisation, focused on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
The Disability Support Team have two existing opportunities for highly motivated Team Leader/Program Coordinators to join the team.
This position is responsible for leading teams to provide high quality community based and individualised services that support and promote independence and community inclusion to people who engage with our service.
To Be Successful in the Role, you will have:
- 5 years’ experience in Community or Human Services
- SIL assistance with daily living , social and community participation
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with people with disabilities, managing conflict in groups, empowering people with disabilities to reach their fullest potential and to gain maximum control over their lives.
- Demonstrated staff management and leadership skills
- A well-developed understanding and knowledge of community participation and the legislation and standards for supporting people with a disability
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work and communicate effectively with people we support, their families, community and other networks
- Demonstrated understanding of current disability issues
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Current Senior First Aid and CPR Certificates
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use IT Systems including Microsoft Office
- Provisional Green or above Driver’s licence related to state of residence
- NDIS Workers screening
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS972
Please ensure your application includes your Resume and Cover Letter.
Applications for this role close at 4.30pm on 27th May 2019. Mercy reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate while this advertisement remains open.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment,