Clinician - Cairns
Are you passionate about making a genuine difference in the lives of young people? When you join Mercy Community, you are joining a team that is united by our desire to make a difference. We learn and experience something new every day, and are supported by the professionalism and spirit of our colleagues and our organisation.
Our Residential Care and Transition Services team currently have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced professional to join the team in Cairns on a full-time basis.
As part of a close team, you will provide clinical oversight and direction to provide high quality, out-of-home care and support for children, young people, and their families where possible, to bring about therapeutic change. You will be working to the Mercy Community Model of Practice in a needs-based, trauma sensitive and relationship/attachment focussed framework to assist them to reach their full potential.
- Post-graduate qualification in Social Work, Psychology or other related discipline.
- Significant experience in providing high-level care planning and intervention services for young people in and out of home-care settings, including residential care.
- You will also have leadership experience within a social welfare context, including structured supervision and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- Registration with a recognised professional practice body (e.g. AASW or APS) is beneficial, as is an understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice.
We’ll Offer You…
- A competitive remuneration package of $80,818 to $90,837 gross per annum in line with level 6/7 of our Enterprise Agreement, depending on skills and experience.
- The opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing.
- Career pathways for those wishing to grow within the organisation.
- A friendly and supportive work place.
Mercy Community is also able to contribute to professional supervision as part of the requirement for psychology registration for the successful applicant.
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focussed on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community.
Want to join our team? Apply now via https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS912. Please ensure your application includes an updated resume and a response to the requirements stated above within your cover letter (maximum of 2 pages).
Applications will close at 5pm on 26th February 2019.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.