Are you passionate about making a genuine difference in the lives of the ageing? When you join Mercy Community, you are joining a team that is united by our desire to make a difference. We learn and experience something new every day, and we are supported by the professionalism and spirit of our colleagues and our organisation.
This position is responsible for coordinating clinical person centred care to residents within the residential care facility. This role liaises and reports to the Nurse Practitioner to provide best practice clinical expertise, effective, efficient care planning and well-being. Respect for resident rights is integral to care at Mercy. Your day will involve:
- Work collaboratively with the Care & Service Managers (CSM) and Nurse Practitioner (NP) to provide quality clinical nursing services to residents in line with Best Practice Relevant guidelines for safe and effective care.
- Assist with clinical documentation including overseeing the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) in consultation with the Quality Training and Documentation Coordinator (QTDC).
- Act as a key resource person for clinical service to ensure safe and competent clinical management and nursing interventions in accordance with recognised standards of practice.
- Identify and address resident needs, goals and preferences including advanced care planning and end of life planning.
- Provide professional clinical support, advice and mentoring for all staff involved in the management of care for residents including nursing students.
- Liaise with families/carers and other persons responsible to ensure the desired outcomes for the resident are achieved.
- Coordinate and monitor the planning, implementation and evaluation of service outcomes and nursing care standards.
- Participate in quality activities and preparation for accreditation, facilitating communication and improvements in resident care.
- Participate in on call roster.
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent from a nationally recognised university.
- Registered Nurse with AHPRA.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts.
- Previous experience in preparation of ACFI documentation.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the legislatively required personal history check in line with service stream compliance requirements.
- Advanced clinical skills in all aspects of gerontology and aged care, including the psychological and physical assessment of residents
We’ll Offer You….
- Competitive Remuneration
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits to increase your take-home pay.
- Supportive team culture.
Please Apply Immediately - interviews will commence on receipt of applications
- Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focussed on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS908 Please ensure your application includes a resume, cover letter and specific mention of your availability.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community.