Foster & Kinship Care Practitioner
Are you looking to make a real change in the lives of families who are experiencing difficulty? A job where your professional skills will be put to the test daily? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focussed on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
The Foster and Kinship Care Team currently have a vacancy for Foster and Kinship Care Practitioner to join the Mercy Community for a fixed term of 6 months. This full-time position will be based in our Toowoomba office, supporting the Toowoomba District.
The Foster and Kinship Care Practitioner is responsible for the provision of high quality support to foster and kinship carers to them to meet the identified needs of children and young people placed in their care.
To be eligible for this position you will require:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Behavioural Sciences, Psychology or relevant discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the developmental needs of children and young people, the impacts of trauma, and the resulting emotional and behavioural issues and the ability to build positive relationships with children and young people in care.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse, evaluate and make objective judgements, and the ability to articulate recommendations for carer assessments within a structured assessment framework.
- Proven time management skills, with ability to balance and prioritise various client engagement, staff and administrative requirements
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and professional working relationships within the community and with both government and non-government organisations. Demonstrated experience in the support and mentoring of children and young people in out of home care.
- Computer literacy, including proficient use of Microsoft Word and ability to use a client management system.
- A Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s Licence, with the ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card), positive Police Check and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement
It is beneficial for candidates to have:
- An understanding of child protection processes including a sound knowledge of, and sensitivity to, the range of issues impacting upon vulnerable families, young people and children, including cross-cultural awareness
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice
As a Mercy Community employee, we’ll offer you:
- The chance to make a genuine difference in people’s lives
- The opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing
- Continued professional development opportunities
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (confidential counselling service)
- Career pathways for those wishing to grow within the company
- Friendly and supportive work place
This position offers a competitive remuneration package of $37.57- $39.27 gross per hour in line with level 5 of our Enterprise Agreement (dependant on experience) and other benefits in line with our Agreement.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
To apply please head to this link: https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS904 and follow the prompts.
Applications must include an updated resume and a response to the requirements stated above within your cover letter (maximum of 2 pages).
Please apply immediately as we are seeking to fill these positions as soon as possible. Mercy reserves the right to interview suitable candidates and appoint to the position prior to the closing date of this campaign.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.