Business Support Officer
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community exists to support and empower those who are poor, vulnerable, marginalised or in a position of disadvantage. We aim to be recognised as a leading provider and facilitator of quality, responsive community services.
The Families and Young People Services Team currently has a vacancy for a Full Time Business Support Officer, to support our Ipswich and Lowood offices.
This role is responsible for the reception and administrative support for the Business Support Coordinator, and other staff as required at these sites.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- A minimum of 2 years administration experience, and/or; customer service/reception experience
- A professional presentation and phone manner
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team, with exceptional time management and organisational skills
- A proactive and conscientious work ethic with a willingness to learn new systems and take direction on priorities
- An ability to carry out business unit financial transactions, so a sound knowledge of accounts receivable/payable, petty cash and other relevant finance transactions and/or willingness to be trained in these processes is required
- An intermediate ability of computer systems including MS Word and Excel
- Demonstrated attention to detail of maintaining and updating important documentation, registers and records
- Completion of Year 12 senior certificate
It is beneficial to have:
- Certificate II in Business Administration
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
This Full Time position offers a competitive remuneration package of $25.42 - $27.01 gross per hour in line with level 2 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply please head to this link: http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS820 and follow the prompts.
Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter that outlines your ability, addressing the essential requirements stated above.
Please apply immediately as we are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.