Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focussed on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
We are seeking an experienced Physiotherapist to join our residential based aged care team on a part time (preferably over three or four days) or full-time basis.
Based at Nudgee, you’ll be responsible for providing physiotherapy services that enable residents/clients to function as independently as possible and achieve an improved quality of life. A normal day will involve:
- Treating a maximum of 11 pain management residents under the new 20 minute system
- Completing comprehensive initial assessments and care plans
- Updating and reviewing current resident care plans
- Provide physiotherapy services to community clients on a referral basis
- Participate in and facilitate group classes
- Ensure clinical staff are aware of and understand the physiotherapy needs of individual residents/clients, as per the care plan
- Liaise and collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team to ensure resident/client health needs are met, including the provision of specialised procedures
- Contribute to the development of programs that engage the broader community
- Bachelor in Applied Science (Physiotherapy) or equivalent.
- Registered with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive personal history screening as required.
- Relevant Post Graduate qualifications (Beneficial but not essential).
- Experience in Aged Care industry (Beneficial but not essential).
- Experience in clinical education or staff training (Beneficial but not essential).
We’ll Offer You….
- Flexible work arrangements with the option of full-time or part-time employment
- Attractive salary package paid in line with the Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits
- Continued professional development opportunities to ensure you grow in your career with Mercy Community
- Supportive team culture to tackle the big challenges
- The chance to make a genuine difference in people’s lives
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community.Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS814 Please ensure your application includes a resume and cover letter.
Please Apply Immediately- interviews will commence on receipt of applications.