Are you passionate about making a genuine difference in the lives of the aging? When you join Mercy Community, you are joining a team that is united by our desire to make a difference. We learn and experience something new every day, and we are supported by the professionalism and spirit of our colleagues and our organisation.
We currently have casual and part-time positions available.
Working under the direction of Care Service Managers and RNs, you will be responsible for delivering person-centred care to residents. This will include the direct case management of a select group of residents. Your day will involve:
- Provide safe and competent nursing care with appropriate documentation, which meets the needs of each resident under the guidance of a Registered Nurse.
- Provide safe and competent clinical management and nursing interventions in accordance with recognised standards of practice and scope of practice.
- Monitor and oversee staff practices in consultation with the Registered Nurse to ensure a coordinated approach to resident care.
- Supervise and administer medication safely and effectively, in accordance with procedure, ensuring incidents are reported accurately and followed up.
- Engage with residents and their families in a positive manner to ensure the wellbeing and safety of residents and clear communication to their families.
- Provide appropriate assistance with care needs in accordance with care plans.
- Prepare ACFI documentation so that funding is optimised.
- You are kind, gentle, respectful and have a caring nature.
- Minimum of 12 months experience.
- Diploma of Nursing or equivalent.
- Registered as an Enrolled Nurse with AHPRA.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in clinical care.
- Previous staff supervision experience including staff development.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts.
- Good knowledge of risk identification and management within residential care.
- Previous experience in preparation of ACFI documentation.
We’ll Offer You….
- Flexible work arrangements with the option of casual or part time.
- Attractive hourly rate paid above award.
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits to increase your take-home pay.
- Supportive team culture.
Please Apply Immediately - interviews will commence on receipt of applications
- Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focussed on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS807 Please ensure your application includes a resume and cover letter.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.