Senior Program Manager
Are you looking for job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
The Families and Young People Services team have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated leader to join the team. This Fixed Term Full Time position will be based at Nudgee, but will support programs at Mercy sites across South East Queensland.
The Senior Program Manager role is responsible for contributing to the overall leadership and management of delegated services; delivering consistent implementation of best practice strategies to ensure the needs of children, young people and adults are met, giving them the opportunity to reach their full potential.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Tertiary degree in Social Work, Psychology or related discipline and significant relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective leader and manager of a multi-disciplinary team within a social welfare context for a minimum period of three (3) years including an understanding of, and ability to implement; key models/frameworks, practices of effective supervision, resilience and self-care.
- A demonstrated high level understanding of statutory child protection processes including a sound knowledge of, and sensitivity to, the range of issues impacting upon vulnerable families, young people and children.
- Demonstrated time management skills, with ability to balance and prioritise various client engagement, staff support and administrative requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders including service users, families and funding bodies.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
It is beneficial to have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Management/ Business.
- Experience in collaborative program arrangements with the Department, other service providers, and key stakeholders.
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and our Employee Value Proposition.
This position offers a competitive remuneration package, with the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits.
To apply please follow this link: http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS800
Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter addressing the criteria outlined above.
Please apply for this position immediately as we are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.