Team Manager - Family and Child Connect - Brisbane
Are you looking for job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
Our Family and Child Connect team has an exciting opportunity for a Permanent Full time Team Manager located in the Brisbane Region and based at Zillmere.
This role will provide senior leadership in the development and implementation of high quality service delivery, networking and regional engagement of the local service system, and ensure quality practice and strategic relationships with government and NGO services.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Tertiary degree or higher in Social Work, Behavioural Sciences, Psychology or related discipline.
- Extensive experience in conducting safety and risk assessments, family support and intervention services; focusing on neglect and domestic violence.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of the Queensland child protection system.
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally competent engagement and practice.
- Demonstrated ability to build an effective team with a culture of high performance.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant Mercy Community procedure.
It is beneficial to have:
- Experience in collaborative program arrangements with the Department, other service providers, and key stakeholders.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to provide a positive team culture.
- Demonstrated experience working with vulnerable families with complex needs and capacity to complete needs assessments and develop appropriate plans to meet these needs
- Capacity and ability to build rapport and trust with families and to rapidly engage vulnerable families to meet their needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in authentic partnership with other professionals and organisations; including dialogue, negotiation and conflict management skills in critical decision-making processes.
- Capacity to positively engage stakeholders and work closely with other organisations and government departments.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and our Employee Value Proposition.
This Full Time position offers a competitive remuneration package in line with level 7 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply please follow this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS792 Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter that includes a response to the key selection criteria. Applicants who do not address the key selection criteria will not be considered for the position.
Please apply immediately as we are seeking to fill this vacancy as soon as possible.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.