Intensive Foster & Kinship Care Practitioner
Are you looking for job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development.
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
The Intensive Intervention Placement Service Team currently has a vacancy for a Permanent Full Time Intensive Foster and Kinship Care Practitioner located at our Toowoomba office. This position is responsible for leading and supporting the intervention planning to ensure high quality out-of-home care and support for children, young people with their carers / families and where possible, in order to assist them to reach their full potential.
Key Role Requirements:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Behavioural Sciences, Psychology or relevant discipline
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with children and families, particularly in assisting with the assessment, planning processes and support around the management of children with difficult behaviours
- Knowledge and understanding of the developmental needs of children and young people, the impacts of trauma, and the resulting emotional and behavioural issues and the ability to build positive relationships with children and young people in care
- Demonstrated experience in working closely, creatively and appropriately with families, and engaging with them with a strengths-based focus to meet the social, emotional and psychological needs of the children and young people in their care
- Demonstrated experience in providing case assessment/work services to children and families within a child protection framework
- A demonstrated ability to self-motivate and exercise creativity and initiative in your work, as well as participate in structured supervision and receive direction and feedback in relation to work performance and practice
- Experience in child and carers’ intervention plans based on assessments within a structured assessment framework
- Intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver Licence
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant MC procedure
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- Skills and knowledge around the issues and practice directions in the area of out-of-home care working with children and families
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
This position offers a competitive remuneration package of $71,867.00 - $75,128.00 gross per annum in line with level 5 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
Please head to this link: http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS791 and follow the prompts.
Applications must include an updated resume and a response to the Key Role Requirements within a two page(maximum)cover letter.
Applications close on the 26th October 2018 at 5pm.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.