Student and Volunteer Coordinator
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focused on the provision of services in the areas of child protection (Residential, Foster / Kinship Care and transitional services), multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a community in which each member plays a unique part in reaching our unified Vision: ‘a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected’.
And no matter what part we play, our work is underpinned by the Mercy Community values: mercy, acceptance, excellence, dignity, empowerment and integrity.
This is a structured role, well-suited to a positive and motivated professional with strong experience in Administration and a keen eye for attention to detail.
Based in Wooloowin and working under direction of the Senior Manager Human Resources you will be responsible for providing support to the organisation with the provision of quality administrative support systems for students completing placement as part of their tertiary studies, TAFE or work experience and volunteers. A normal day will involve:
- Provide direction, coordination, and consultation for all volunteer and student functions.
- Maintain, monitor and record student placement documentation.
- Ensure student and volunteers probity documentation is completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Act as a key liaison between universities and the business to ensure all student documentation is correct and students are placed in the correct business divisions.
- Manage the timely production of placement information and documentation to students.
- Assist in the arranging of recruiting, screening, interviewing and training of new volunteers and students
- You will have at least 2 years’ experience in an administration support role.
- You will be highly skilled at building effective relationships.
- You will have great communication (written and verbal) skills.
- You will have accurate data entry skills.
We’ll Offer You….
- An Attractive remuneration package.
- You will be a part of a supportive and encouraging team and be given a comprehensive induction.
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits to increase your take home pay.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities to ensure that you grow within your role at Mercy Community
Please Apply by the 19th October 2018
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community.Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS786 Please ensure your application includes a resume and cover letter.