Team Leader - Disability Services
Are you looking for job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focussed on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
The Disability Services Team have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated leader to join the team.
This position is responsible for leading a team to provide high quality community based and individualised services that support and promote independence and community inclusion for people who engage with our service. This may include responsibilities within the Supported Living, Leisure & Lifestyle, Independent Living or Youth Development programs.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Certificate IV in Community Services, Disability Services or similar, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in and comprehensive knowledge of the Human Services quality Framework standards and its application to practice.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with people with disabilities, managing conflict in groups, empowering people with disabilities to reach their fullest potential and to gain maximum control over their lives.
- Demonstrated staff management and leadership skills.
- A well-developed understanding and knowledge of community participation and the legislation and standards for supporting people with a disability.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work and communicate effectively with people we support, their families, community and other networks
- Demonstrated understanding of current disability issues.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use IT systems including Microsoft Office.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
It is beneficial to have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Management or similar.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS780. Please ensure your application includes a resume and cover letter.
Applications for this role close at 5pm on the 19th October 2018.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.