Family Response Facilitator- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
Are you passionate about making a genuine difference in the lives of young people and their families? When you join Mercy Community, you are joining a team that is united by our desire to make a difference.
We learn and experience something new every day, and are supported by professional and committed management and colleagues.
Mercy Community Services provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community Services supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
Family and Child Connect is a Queensland Government funded initiative aimed at ensuring vulnerable families and children have access to high-quality services at the right time to help them to maintain the family unit. Children and young people are at the centre of the system, with supported and supportive parents, families and communities.
Our Family and Child Connect team have an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional to join our team at the Browns Plains office, however the role will also travel to Beaudesert and surrounding suburbs.
The role will provide quality service delivery to children, young people, families and the community within the Family and Child Connect Service, through assessment and recommendations of culturally appropriate responses.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Relevant qualifications in the fields related to this area of work e.g. Child Protection, Human Services, Social Work, Psychology.
- Previous experience in a similar role and/or a strong understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant MCS procedure.
It is essential that the person who holds the position be an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander person and it therefore a genuine occupational requirement under section in accordance with s25, 104 and 105 of the Anti-discrimination Act 1991 (Qld).
This Full Time position offers a competitive remuneration package in line with level 5 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
We encourage recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition for more information about who we are.
To apply please follow this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS779 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter.
Please apply immediately as we are seeking to fill this vacancy as soon as possible.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.