Senior Support Worker - Townsville
Are you passionate about making a genuine difference in the lives of young people living with disabilities? When you join Mercy Community, you are joining a team that is united by our desire to make a difference. We learn and experience something new every day, and are supported by professional and committed management and colleagues.
We are looking for a Senior Support Worker to join our team in Townsville on either a full time or part time basis.
Leading a small team, you will be supporting a young person to enjoy the best life possible. Your day will involve:
- Working hands-on as part of the team providing direct support
- Bringing together the team and wider support network to develop and document plans designed to set and achieve personal goals
- Ensure personal plans are followed, monitored and reviewed
- Seek out opportunities for community inclusion and participation
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to the support work team
- You are passionate about working with young people who live with disabilities and have a commitment to a person-centred model of practice
- You are kind, gentle, respectful and have a caring nature
- Have previous experience leading and supporting a small team
- Have previous experience in and knowledge of disability, allied health, welfare or education
- Ability to work flexible hours, with a willingness to work within a 24/7 rotating roster
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate
We’ll Offer You….
- Flexible work arrangements with the option of part time or full term employment
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits to increase your take-home pay
- Supportive team culture
- The opportunity to really make a difference in a young person’s life
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focussed on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS778. Please ensure your application includes a resume and cover letter.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.