Residential Care Workers- Townsville
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
The Residential Care and Transition Services team currently has Part Time Fixed Term vacancies for Residential Care Workers to join our team in Townsville.
This position is responsible for working with children and/or young people placed within Mercy Family Services Residential programs, providing the daily care needs and ensuring that their physical and emotional wellbeing is maximised to assist them to reach their full potential.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Cert IV in Community Services or related discipline in addition to a minimum 1 year relevant experience/skills working with children/young people affected by trauma and disrupted attachment; or
- Tertiary qualifications in related discipline.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
These part time positions offer a minimum of 30-60 hours per fortnight and a competitive remuneration package of $32.12-$34.56 gross per hour in line with level 4 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply please head to this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS752 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter.
Applications close on 21st September 2018 at 9am.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.