Care Team Leader
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
Our Residential Care and Transition Service team currently has an exciting opportunity for a Fixed Term Full Time Care Team Leader to join our team in the Brisbane Region on a 12 month contract.
This role is responsible for leading and supporting the care planning to ensure high quality out-of-home care and support for children, young people and their families and where possible, to bring about therapeutic change as informed by the Mercy Community Model of Practice which is needs-based, trauma sensitive and relationship/attachment focussed in order to assist them to reach their full potential.
- A tertiary degree in Social Work, Psychology or other related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience/skills providing high-level care planning and intervention services for young people in and out of home-care settings including residential care.
- Previous leadership experience within a social welfare context including team supervision and conflict resolution.
- An understanding of and demonstrated ability to implement effective and structured supervision, vicarious trauma prevention and management strategies and self-care methodologies in the child protection industry.
- A demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and transfer sound knowledge and principles of therapeutic care from planning into daily care delivery practice with staff at all levels.
- An excellent understanding of statutory child protection processes including a sound knowledge of, and sensitivity to, the range of behavioural presentations likely to be encountered in children and young people who have experienced significant trauma both within their families and through extensive engagement with the child protection system, including cross-cultural awareness.
- Demonstrated high level skills in developing and implementing effective assessment, creative and targeted intervention and care strategies for children and young people affected by trauma and disrupted attachment.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
This Full Time position offers a competitive remuneration package of $84,138 - $87,655 gross per annum in line with a level 7 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply please head to this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS744and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter that includes a response to the outlined Key Requirements .
Applications for this position close on 20th September 2018 at 9am.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.