Residential Care Workers - Cairns
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community exists to support and empower those who are poor, vulnerable, marginalised or in a position of disadvantage. We aim to be recognised as a leading provider and facilitator of quality, responsive community services.
The Residential Care and Transition Services team currently has a vacancy for a Part Time Residential Care Worker to join our Cairns team! We are seeking an individual to make a positive impact on young people in Residential Care who have experienced trauma.
Residential Care Worker's are responsible for working with children and/or young people placed within Residential programs, providing the daily care needs and ensuring that their physical and emotional wellbeing is maximised.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Cert IV in Community Services or related discipline in addition to a minimum 1 year relevant experience/skills working with children/young people affected by trauma and disrupted attachment; or
- Tertiary qualifications (Diploma or higher) in related discipline.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package of $32.12- $34.56 gross per hour in line with level 4 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
The positions offer approximately 30-76 hours per fortnight on a shift work roster which may include active awake shifts.
To apply please head to this link: http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS741 and follow the prompts.
Please apply immediately as we are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.