Caseworker - Connected Families
Are you looking for job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
Our Connected Families team has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional to join the team at our Warwick office. This role is responsible for providing, quality service delivery to children, young people and families within Connected Families - an Intensive Family Support Service. This position will provide co-ordination and oversight of every phase of casework for families from the point of referral to exit with a view to supporting highly vulnerable families to become stronger, capable and more resilient and improving overall wellbeing.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Social Science, Psychology or other related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience within a similar role.
- Sound knowledge of the Queensland child protection system.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the legislatively required personal history screening in line with service stream compliance requirements.
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant Mercy Community procedure.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- Experience in strengths-based casework with complex families.
- Experience in risk assessment processes.
- Adult education/training skills.
- Child Health & development expertise including a broad knowledge of a range of safe parenting practices.
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
This permanent full time position offers a competitive remuneration package of $35.14 gross per hour in line with level 5 of the EBA. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing.
To apply please head to this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS713 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter (including a response to the key selection criteria):
- Possess a clear, expressed understanding of the complex challenges facing families in contemporary society
- Provide a well-developed professional framework (values, beliefs, knowledge, skills, systems tec.) for working with vulnerable families to facilitate resilience and social connectedness.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, use communication effectively across a variety of contexts to bring about change and to share information meaningfully; including strategies for negotiating strong differences of opinion within the workgroup and stakeholder relations
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and exercise creativity and initiative in our work, as well as engage in reflective practice within a structured supervision model.
- Willing and able to work within a Christian context and Mercy Community mission, purpose and values.
Applications for this position close on 22nd August 2018 at 5pm.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.