ACFI Documentation Coordinator
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focussed on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
Based in Nudgee, you will be responsible for coordinating the assessment of care recipients within Residential Aged Care (RAC) and submission of ACFI claims to the Department of Health within Mercy Community’s specified timeframes and meeting the prescribed ACFI Business Rules. In a nutshell you’ll:
- Optimisation of revenue through the assessment and documentation of the care needs of residents consistent with the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI).
- Identifying the need for and facilitating the education and development of care employees as directed by the RAC to ensure compliance with Mercy Community’s ACFI systems and processes.
- Ensure that all ACFI funding opportunities are identified through review of resident assessments, documentation and clinical indicators and reappraisal of ACFIs in consultation with the care team.
- Complete all mandatory appraisals and re-appraisals within the required timeframes.
- Ensure that revenue optimisation is maximised through regular multidisciplinary meetings and communication with management, the care team and allied health professionals to identify potential uplifts for existing residents, the needs of new residents and residents whose care needs have been subject to a trigger event such as hospitalisation or a fall.
- Maintain theoretical and practical knowledge of contemporary ACFI rules and processes and Industry ACFI trends in consultation with the management.
- In consultation with the Service Manager, audit and analyse trends within residents to identify opportunities and initiate strategies to address identified issues and opportunities.
- Lodge ACFI claims through eCase within Mercy Community’s specified timeframes and monitor the claim for completion to Medicare.
- Complete monthly reconciliation of eCase to Medicare with the Service Manager and provide notes on variances.
- Ensure ACFI documentation is accurate, complete and evidences the ACFI claim in accordance with the ACFI business rules.
- Attend during ACFI validations to clarify, explain and provide additional documentation to support ACFI submissions under review.
- Work collaboratively with the care team to coordinate the assessments and charting required to support the initial ACFI appraisal commencing 7 days post admission.
- Experience and contemporary knowledge and understanding of assessment, documentation, the care planning processes and ACFI requirements.
- Experience in coordinating, leading and conducting ACFI appraisals.
- Understanding of ACFI revenue reports and ability to undertake financial analysis in regard to funding.
- Evidence of success in developing, maintaining and evaluating a business orientation to ACFI and revenue optimisation.
- Knowledge of the ACFI business rules and the practical application of those rules within aged care.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to lead and educate employees in ACFI systems, documentation, business rules and processes.
- Well-developed problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- Be a Registered Nurse with current AHPRA registration (beneficial but not essential)
We’ll Offer You….
- Permanent Part Time role
- Attractive remuneration package
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits
- Continued professional development opportunities to ensure you grow in your career with Mercy Community
- Supportive team culture to handle the big challenges
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS709 Please ensure your application includes a resume and cover letter.
Please Apply by the 17th August 2018
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community. Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.