Caseworker – Intensive Intervention Placement Service
Are you looking for job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
Our Mercy Community Foster and Kinship Care team- Intensive intervention Placement service at Goodna has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional, with excellent interpersonal skills to join us. This is a Part-Time, Fixed-Term position and is located at our Goodna office. The contract would be 12 months in duration.
This position is responsible for leading and supporting the intervention planning to ensure high quality out-of-home care and support for children, young people with their carers / families and where possible, to bring about therapeutic change as informed by the Mercy Community Model of Practice which is needs-based, trauma sensitive and relationship/attachment focussed in order to assist them to reach their full potential. Applicants need to have a very well developed understanding around the impact of trauma on behaviour and the ability to work intensively with both Children/Young People and Foster and Kinship carers to strengthen placements.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Behavioural Sciences, Psychology or relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in positive behaviour management strategies and support.
- Demonstrated experience in providing case assessment/work services to children and families within a child protection framework.
- Experience in child and carers’ intervention plans based on assessments within a structured assessment framework.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant MCS procedure.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- Skills and knowledge around the issues and practice directions in the area of out-of-home care working with children and families.
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
This Fixed Term, Part Time position will be approximately four (4) days per week and offers a competitive remuneration package $71,867-$75,128 line with a level 5 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply please head to this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS702 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter including a response to the Key Selection Criteria outlined above.
Please apply immediately as we are seeking to fill this role as soon as possible.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.