Family Support Worker - Connected Families
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
Mercy Community has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Family Support Worker to join our Connected Families team based at Ipswich.
This role is responsible for quality service delivery to children, young people, families and the community with Connected Families - an Intensive Family Support Service. This position will provide planned support to referred families with a view to supporting highly vulnerable families to become stronger, capable and more resilient, and improving overall wellbeing.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Relevant qualifications (certificate or higher) or
- Demonstrated experience in working with children and/or families in relation to complex issues.
- Relevant qualifications (certificate or higher) in addition to significant experience in working with children and families in relation to complex issues.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of the Queensland child protection system.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Exel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver's License
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the legislatively required personal history check in line with service stream compliance requirements.
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant MCS procedure.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- Previous experience in strengths-based practice.
- Broad knowledge of safe parenting practices and child health/development.
- Adult education/training skills
We encourage and welcome applicants from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
This role offers a competitive remuneration package in line with level 3 or 4 of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing.
To apply please submit your application via the following link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS687 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter
Applications for this position will close on the 23rd July at 5pm.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.