Community Care Worker
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focussed on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
Based at Nudgee, you’ll be responsible for providing support and home care services to clients living at home in accordance with their care plan, within the philosophy of Mercy Community. In a nutshell you'll:
- Adhere to the set schedule; discuss or negotiate changes to the schedule with the rostering coordinator.
- Assist clients with care requirements and services, in accordance to their assessed needs and preferences and as documented on the clients individual care plan or on the instruction of the Services Coordinator.
- Transport clients as requested as per the client’s individual care plan.
- Actively monitor clients’ condition and report any changes in condition or behaviour to the Community Services Manager.
- Contribute to case conference, care plan development and evaluation, as required.
- Develop required reports and workplace documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality and provide effective service to both internal and external stakeholders from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Experience of working alongside clients with cognitive and/or physical limitations.
- Experience in working in a self-directed environment.
- Able to interpret schedules and written instructions, and/or know how to find the information required.
- Demonstrated basic to intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word.
- Have own mobile phone.
- Own vehicle and a Queensland Provisional Green or above clear Driver Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the legislatively required personal history check in line with service stream compliance requirements.
- Experience in similar role (Beneficial).
- Certificate III in Aged Care and/or Community Services (Beneficial).
We’ll Offer You….
- Attractive casual rate in line with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010.
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits.
- Continued professional development opportunities to ensure you grow in your career with Mercy Community.
- The chance to make a genuine difference in people’s lives.
Please apply by the 17th July 2018
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS680 Please ensure your application includes a resume and cover letter.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.