Foster Care Worker - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
Are you looking for job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
The Finding Families team currently has a Fixed Term Part Time vacancy for a motivated professional to join the team located in Cherbourg. The contract would commence as soon as possible and cease in March 2019.
This role is responsible for the provision of high quality support to foster and kinship carers to assist carers to meet the identified needs of the children and young people placed in care. This position will provide planned support, particularly to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander foster and kinship carers and/or children and young people in care, whilst ensuring their cultural needs are met.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Human Services or related discipline.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with children and families, particularly in assisting with the assessment, planning processes and support around the management of children with difficult behaviours.
- To perform this role, it is essential that the person who holds the position be an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander person and is therefore a genuine occupational requirement under section 25, 104 and 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld).
- A highly developed understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated experience in the support and mentoring of children and young people in out of home care.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant MCS procedure.
This Part Time position will be approximately 40 hours per fortnight and offers a competitive remuneration package between $69,437- $72,598 gross per hour in line with a level 5 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply, please submit your application via the following link : http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS661 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and a Cover Letter.
Applications close on the 26th June 2018 at 9am.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.