Team Manager - Domestic and Family Violence Programs
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
Mercy Community has an exciting opportunity for a permanent Full Time Team Manager to lead our Domestic and Family Violence programs based out of our Caboolture office.
The role will provide senior leadership for the Domestic and Family Violence programs, via the development and implementation of high quality service delivery, networking and regional engagement of the local service system, and ensuring quality practice and strategic relationships with government and NGO services. The Domestic and Family Violence programs consist of two unique services and this is a great opportunity for someone with experience in the sector to innovate and lead, to see more about this role please see the position description (click here).
To be successful in the role, you will have
- Tertiary degree or above in Social Work, Behavioural Sciences, Psychology or related discipline.
- Extensive experience in conducting safety and risk assessments using a DFV framework, working the DFV service system with perpetrators and/or victims (including children).
- Sound understanding and knowledge of the Queensland DFV system.
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally competent engagement and practice.
- Demonstrated ability to build an effective team with a culture of high performance.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
The Full Time position offers a competitive remuneration package between $81,293 - $84,691 gross per annum in line with a level 7 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply please submit your application via the following link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS635 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter.
Applications for this position will close on the 24th May 2018 at 5pm.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.