Family Response Facilitator - Domestic and Family Violence
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Mercy Community Services provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community Services supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
The Family and Child Connect team has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional to join us. This role is responsible for providing quality service delivery to children, young people, families and the community within the Family and Child Connect service.
This is a Full Time Fixed-Term position located in Townsville. The contract would commence on the 4/6/2018 and cease on the 31/12/2018. This position will play a key role in supporting Mercy Community clients as part of the Family and Child Connect team, to see more about this role please see the position description (click here).
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Child Protection, Human Services, Social Work, Psychology or related discipline.
- Previous experience working effectively across a range of service providers, both government and non-government, to negotiate high quality service provision to families who have complex issues.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant MCS procedure.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- Experience in strengths-based casework with complex families.
- Safety and Risk assessment skills.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of the Queensland child protection system.
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition for more information about who we are.
This Full Time Fixed-Term position offers a competitive remuneration package of $69,437-$72,598 in line with level 5 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply please follow this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS627. Applications must include a Resume and two page Cover Letter that includes a response to the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description. Applicants will also be asked the Key Selection Criteria Applicants who do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Please apply immediately as we are seeking to fill this role as soon as possible.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.