Team Manager - Family and Child Connect
Are you looking for job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
Our Family and Child Connect team have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional to join the team. This Full - Time Permanent role will be working across the Browns Plains and Beaudesert areas.
The role will provide senior leadership in the development and implementation of high quality service delivery, networking and regional engagement of the local service system, and ensure quality practice and strategic relationships with government and NGO services.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Tertiary degree or higher in Social Work, Behavioural Sciences, Psychology or related discipline.
- Extensive experience in conducting safety and risk assessments, family support and intervention services; focusing on neglect and domestic violence.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of the Queensland child protection system.
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally competent engagement and practice.
- Demonstrated ability to build an effective team with a culture of high performance.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant MCS procedure.
It is beneficial to have:
- Experience in collaborative program arrangements with the Department, other service providers, and key stakeholders.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and our Employee Value Proposition.
This Full Time position offers a competitive remuneration package in line with level 7 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply please follow this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS619, applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter.
Please Apply Immediately
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.