Care Team Leader
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
Our Residential Care and Transition Service team currently has an exciting opportunity for a Permanent Full Time Care Team Leader to join our team in the Brisbane Region.
This role is responsible for leading and supporting the care planning to ensure high quality out-of-home care and support for children, young people and their families and where possible, to bring about therapeutic change as informed by the Mercy Community Model of Practice which is needs-based, trauma sensitive and relationship/attachment focussed in order to assist them to reach their full potential, to see more about this role please see the position description (click here).
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- A tertiary degree in Social Work, Psychology or other related discipline.
- Previous leadership experience within a social welfare context including team supervision and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
Level 7 requirements:
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience/skills providing high-level care planning and intervention services for young people in and out of home-care settings including residential care.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
This Full Time position offers a competitive remuneration package of $75,424 - $81,293 gross per annum in line with a level 6-7 of our Enterprise Agreement (dependent on experience). You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply please head to this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS610 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter that includes a response to the key selection criteria. Applicants who do not address the key selection criteria will not be considered for this position.
Applications for this position close on 30th April 2018 at 9am.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.