Local Level Alliance Facilitator - Family and Child Connect
Are you looking for job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community Services provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community Services supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
Family and Child Connect is a Queensland Government funded initiative aimed at ensuring vulnerable families and children have access to high-quality services at the right time to help them to maintain the family unit. Children and young people will be at the centre of the new system, with supported and supportive parents, families and communities.
Our Family and Child Connect team have an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional to join our team at the Browns Plains office, however the role will also travel to Beaudesert and surrounding suburbs.
The role will raise awareness of the Family and Child Connect within the community, support the integration of joint case management processes, and support communication and inter-agency processes regarding timely client responses, to see more about this role please see the position description click here.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Community Development, Social Science or related field.
- Previous experience within the community development and/or family support.
- Strong understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, cultures and societies, and the issues that impact them in a contemporary society.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant MCS procedure.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and our Employee Value Proposition.
This Full Time position offers a competitive remuneration package of $69,437 - 72,598 gross per annum in line with level 5 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply please follow this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS553. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter. Please note that upon application you will be required to follow the prompts to complete screening questions and enter a response to the key selection criteria.
Please apply as soon as possible as we are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.