Brisbane South Region
Are you looking for job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community Services provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community Services supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
Our Therapeutic Residential Services team have an exciting opportunity for a Fixed Term Full Time House Coordinator to join the team, located in the Brisbane South Region. This position will be overseeing a Therapeutic Residential Service, which offers highly intensive therapeutic intervention for young people who have experienced trauma.
The role is responsible for the effective coordination of a residential service, including leading and supervising the direct care team (Residential Care Workers) in provide daily care which meets the needs of children/young people to assist them to reach their full potential, to see more about this role please see the position description click here.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- A minimum Diploma qualification in Community Services or related discipline.
- Significant experience in providing high-level care services for children/young people in and out of home-care settings, including residential care.
- Previous leadership experience within a social welfare context including structured supervision and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- A tertiary degree in Social Work, Psychology or other related discipline.
- Senior First Aid Certificate.
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
This position offers a competitive remuneration package of $73,009- $76,240 gross per annum in with level 6 of the Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement. The fixed term contract will be 6 months in duration, with the possibility of extension.
To apply please head to this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS535 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter addressing the key selection criteria. Applicants who do not address the key selection criteria will not be considered for the position.
Applications close 21st December 2017 at 9am.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.