Support Worker - Supported Independent Living Program
Are you looking for job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community Services provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community Services supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
Our Residential Care and Transition Services team has an exciting opportunity for a Fixed Term Full Time Support Worker to join the Supported Independent Living Program. The contract will commence as soon as possible and cease in May 2018.
This role is responsible for working with young people accessing MCS SILP including one on one mentoring and the provision of direct support services to achieve a successful transition to independent living; ensuring that their physical and emotional wellbeing is maximised to assist them to reach their full potential, to see more about this role please see the position description (click here).
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience/skills working with children/young people affected by trauma and disrupted attachment; or
- Cert III in Community Services or related discipline; or
- Current enrolment in tertiary studies in Community Services or related discipline, in addition to a minimum 1 year relevant experience/skills working with children/young people affected by trauma and disrupted attachment, or other relevant work/volunteer experience.
- Cert IV in Community Services or related discipline in addition to a minimum 1 year relevant experience/skills working with children/young people affected by trauma and disrupted attachment; or
- Tertiary qualifications (Diploma or higher) in related discipline.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
The Fixed Term Full Time position offer a competitive remuneration package of $26.59 -$30.12 gross per hour in line with a level 3-4 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply please head to this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS528 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria.
Applications for this position close on the 18th December 2017 at 9am.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.