Are you looking for job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community Services provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community Services supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
Our Marketing and Communications team has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional to join the team at our Wooloowin office.
This role is responsible for responsible for coordination and delivery of the various events and programs presented by Mercy Community Services. The Events Coordinator will work collaboratively with other members of the Marketing & Communications team to coordinate high quality events which support our strategic direction, vision and mission, to see more about this role please see the position description click here.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Previous experience as an event coordinator from conception to implementation.
- Detailed knowledge of event delivery principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to easily scope event requirements.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to coordinate a range of events – internal and external – across all service areas.
- Energetic approach.
- Customer service focused and a focus on continuous improvement
- Analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills with an ability to explore new and innovative ways to do business using creative solutions.
- Strong understanding of brand.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- Previous experience in a marketing communications role.
- Experience in a community service environment or not for profit.
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Event Management or Business
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and our Employee Value Proposition.
This position offers a competitive remuneration package. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing.
To apply please head to this link http://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/MCS504 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter including a response to the key selection criteria.
Applications for this position close on the 28th November 2017 at 9am
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.