Caseworker - Assessment & Service Connect
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community Services provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community Services supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
MCS have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional to join our team at our Greater Ipswich office.
This role is responsible for quality service delivery to children, young people, families and the community within the Assessment & Service Connect (ASC) service. Within this, the role has three discreet but complementary purposes:
- Actively engage individuals and families as co-responders with Child Safety Services where a support response is indicated to notified and screened concerns
- Support the assessment of safety, risk and need of children in the home and work collaboratively with Child Safety Services to gather sufficient information to assess the best response (including ongoing Child Safety Services intervention in some cases);
- Provide information, advice and in some cases brief casework responses to families with a view to linking them in timely fashion to relevant and accessible supports
To see more about this role please see the position description (click here).
To be successful in the role, you will have
- Tertiary undergraduate degree or higher qualifications in Child Protection, Human Services, Social Work, Psychology or related discipline.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- Experience in strengths-based casework with complex families.
- Previous Child Safety Services professional experience considered highly.
- Safety and Risk assessment skills especially in the area of Domestic & Family Violence.
- Sound working knowledge of the Queensland statutory child protection system.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
The Full Time position offers a competitive remuneration package between $67,359 - $70,412 gross per annum in line with a level 5 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply please submit your application via the following link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS494 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and a Cover Letter that includes a response to the Key Selection Criteria. Applicants who do not address the key selection criteria will not be considered for the position.
Please apply immediately as we are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.