Work Health & Safety and Audit Advisor
Are you looking for job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community Services provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community Services supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
MCS are seeking an experienced and dynamic Work Health & Safety and Audit Advisor to join our People Culture and Risk team at our Wooloowin office.
This role is responsible for the development, implementation and continuous improvement of best practice work health and safety management systems and related policies, procedures and practices in accordance with legislation and national standards.
To be successful you will posses:
- 5+ years of work health & safety systems development experience.
- Demonstrated capacity in the development and implementing of work health and safety systems/policies/strategies.
- Previous experience in internal audit management, reporting and continuous improvement planning.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver's License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- For applicable programs, evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant MCS procedure.
It is beneficial for candidates to have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- Shared services experience.
- Not for Profit industry experience, preferably in child protection, aged care or disability services.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and you will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits. This role also comes with a salary sacrifice motor vehicle.
To apply please head to this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS493 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter.
Applications for this role will close on the 15th November 2017 at 4.30pm
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.