Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community Services provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community Services supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
Our Residential Care and Transition Services team have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced professional to join the team in the Brisbane Region. MCS is also able to contribute to professional supervision as part of the requirement for psychology registration for the successful applicant.
The role is responsible for clinical oversight and direction in order to provide high quality, out-of-home care and support for children, young people, and their families where possible, to bring about therapeutic change as informed by the MCS Model of Practice in a needs-based, trauma sensitive and relationship/attachment focussed framework in order to assist them to reach their full potential, to see more about this role please see the position description (click here).
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Post-graduate qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or other related discipline.
- Significant experience in providing high-level care planning and intervention services for young people in and out of home-care settings, including residential care.
- Leadership experience within a social welfare context, including structured supervision and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- Registration with a recognised professional practice body i.e. AASW or APS.
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
This Fixed Term Full Time position offers a competitive remuneration package of $78,579 - $81,850 gross per annum in line with a level 7 of our Enterprise Agreement. You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement. The fixed term contract will be 12 months in duration, with the possibility of extension pending funding.
To apply please head to this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS480 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and a Cover Letter that includes a response to the key selection criteria. Applicants who do not address the key selection criteria will not be considered for this position.
Applications for this position will close on 22nd November 2017 at 9am.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.