Residential Care Worker
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community Services (MCS) exists to support and empower those who are poor, vulnerable, marginalised or in a position of disadvantage. We aim to be recognised as a leading provider and facilitator of quality, responsive community services.
Our Residential and Transition Services team has an exciting opportunity for highly motivated professionals to join the team. There are currently multiple vacancies for Full Time and Part Time Residential Care Workers within our Brisbane Region.
The roles are responsible for working with children and/or young people placed within Mercy Family Services Residential programs, providing the daily care needs and ensuring that their physical and emotional wellbeing is maximised to assist them to reach their full potential.
These positions will play a key role in supporting MCS clients and residents as part of the Residential and Transition Services team, to see more about this role please see the position description (click here).
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
Level 3 requirements:
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience/skills working with children/young people affected by trauma and disrupted attachment; or
- Cert III in Community Services or related discipline; or
- Current enrolment in tertiary studies in Community Services or related discipline in addition to a minimum 1 year relevant experience/skills working with children/young people affected by trauma and disrupted attachment or other relevant work/volunteer experience
Level 4 requirements:
- Cert IV in Community Services or related discipline in addition to a minimum 1 year relevant experience/skills working with children/young people affected by trauma and disrupted attachment; or
- Tertiary qualifications (Diploma or higher) in related discipline.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
The positions offer a competitive remuneration package of $26.59 - $30.12 gross per hour in line with a level 3 or 4 of our Enterprise Agreement (level dependant on skills and qualifications). You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply please head to this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS459 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter.
Applications Close: 25th September 2017 at 9am
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.