Catering Coordinator- Aged Care Service
Are you looking for a job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community Services provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community Services supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
Our Hospitality team within our Aged Care Services has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional Catering Coordinator to join the team at our Nudgee Aged Care Campus coordinating the service for 200 residents across 4 facilities on our Nudgee site with our dedicated team of Cooks and Food Service Assistants.
This role is responsible for the coordination and supervision of the kitchen and catering facility for residential areas and rooms, and to ensure the service provided meet legislative standards for food management, hygiene and safety.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Hospitality within the Aged Care/Health Care industry at a Supervisory level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food safety management procedures and food service industry standards for Aged Care/Health Care.
- Ability to manage a roster to ensure consistent staffing.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated basic to intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Office.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the legislatively required personal history check in line with service stream compliance requirements.
It is Beneficial for candidates to have:
- Previous experience in the aged care industry.
- Chef qualifications.
- WHS accreditation.
For further information, please review our Position Description available here: [Link]
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and our Employee Value Proposition.
This Permanent, Full-time position offers a great range of benefits including a competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience, with the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing up to $15,900 and reducing your tax.
To apply please head to this link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS369 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter.
Applications for this position close on 30th May 2017 at 5pm.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.