Counsellor - Women's Wellness Centre
Are you looking for a career with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
The Families and Young People Services team have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, knowledgeable, resilient, proactive and experienced professional counsellor to join Mercy Community’s Counselling program, Women’s Wellness Centre on a permanent part-time basis (48 hours per fortnight) based in our Toowoomba office.
You will provide counselling and therapeutic services to clients; including assessments, pre- & post-evaluations and interventions. This position also liaises with a broad network of stakeholders who participate in or impact on the success of client plans, referrals and goals.
To be eligible for this position you will require (Key Selection Criteria):
- Undergraduate degree or higher in Social Work, Social Science, Psychology or other related field.
- Knowledge of and/or demonstrated experience in using individual and group counselling interventions, including but not limited to Creative/ Expressive Therapies, Narrative Therapy, Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, and Family Therapy.
- An articulated practice framework that incorporates sound knowledge of, and experience working with, domestic violence and complex trauma, including gendered understandings of these as they relate to overall health and wellbeing of women.
- Demonstrated experience and effectiveness working in cross-disciplinary and interagency contexts to increase safety and promote positive health and wellbeing outcomes for individuals and enhanced community capacity to respond to presenting and emerging needs.
- Demonstrated experience of case management within a multi-disciplinary team, including respectful communication and conflict resolution skills as part of the negotiation of roles and boundaries in the shared development and execution of support plans.
- Demonstrated ability to use systems (including software including MS Word and Excel), time and resources effectively to track progress and meet deadlines.
- A Queensland Drivers Licence, ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card), positive Police Check and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- For applicable programs, evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided
- Willingness and ability to work within a Christian context and Mercy Community Services' mission, purpose and values.
It is beneficial for candidates to have:
- Eligibility for membership associations including, but not limited to, the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or the Australian Psychological Society (APS).
- Professional knowledge and experience partnering and working with women affected by violence.
- Sound professional knowledge and skill for working sensitively and effectively with complex trauma.
- Professional experience in multi-dimensional assessment of need and motivating and planning toward holistic health and wellbeing.
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice
As a Mercy Community employee, we’ll offer you:
- A competitive remuneration package depending on skills and experience.
- The chance to make a genuine difference in people’s lives
- The opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (confidential counselling service)
- Career pathways for those wishing to grow within the company
- A friendly and supportive work place
This position offers a competitive remuneration package of $76,471.00 - $79,929.00 gross per annum (pro rata) in line with level 5 of our Enterprise Agreement.
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focused on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
To apply please head to this link: https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS1082 and follow the prompts.
Applications must be completed online and include an updated resume and a response to the key selection criteria in your cover letter (maximum 2 pages).
Please apply immediately as we are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible. Applications will close at 4:30pm on 30 September 2019, however Mercy Community reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate prior to the closing date of this campaign.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.